1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Multi-Monitor Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Highdro, May 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Highdro

Highdro Thread Starter

There is a couple annoyances I have found after setting up my second monitor that maybe some of you have experienced or know how to resolve.

They both really pertain to games.

1.) When I load a game such Warcraft 3, It doesn't match the resolution of my 24'' LCD which is 1920x1200. Thus causing my background to overlap to the second monitor since WC3 only runs at 1600x1200 max resolution. I supposed to could just set my monitor to 1600x1200 before playing, but if there is a workaround.

2.) I can't use my second monitor while in a game. Which is the whole reason I wanted a second monitor, is so that I can use the Internet while playing a game without having to ALT-TAB out of the game. For instance I can't just move my mouse all the way to the right and it goes onto the second monitor, its trapped within the game parameters. I have to ALT-TAB out of the game to use the second monitor, which defeats the purpose of having one.

2. ChRoNo16

ChRoNo16

These are two things you cant change.

WC3 is a one monitor game, and resolution wise you cant modify the game any farther. I wen through it with all my games.

As far as Alt-Tabbing thats just standard for anything that runs full screen. you can try running it in a window. but chances ae youll have the same issue.

3. Highdro

Highdro Thread Starter

Ok, Thanks.

I figured that running in a windowed mode would solve it, problem is that WC3 doesn't have a windowed mode option

4. ChRoNo16

ChRoNo16

google search it, i think you can change something in the desktop icon to make it wok.

Not sure, I never cared that much

5. Highdro

Highdro Thread Starter

There is a way to run in windowed mode.

Right-Click and selected Properties from the shortcut you want to run in a window.

Type -window after the target command and apply it.

Example:

"C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Frozen Throne.exe" -window

This does allow me to switch to my other monitor without having to ALT-TAB or minimize the game.

Only problem now, which only time will tell, is if this will screw up game play. Such as scrolling an stuff.

Ok, This window does not allow my to Scroll to the Right or Down, but I guess thats what I have to deal with if I want things to work this way

6. ChRoNo16

ChRoNo16

Couldn't tell yah. Best of luck though.

Chrono16

7. Highdro

Highdro Thread Starter

thanks for the help Chrono

8. Highdro

Highdro Thread Starter

I take that back. I can scroll to the right and down, its just sensitive as to where you are on the screen since you can go too far and into the next monitor.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/711433

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice