1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Multiple browser problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mgbgtgrimm, Dec 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mgbgtgrimm

mgbgtgrimm Thread Starter

I don't know if this is a WinXP problem or a hardware problem. On both of my desktops I can activeate as many web pages as I want and jump between them as required for what I'm doing. However, on my laptop every time I attempt to open an extra window (web page), IT (laptop) closes the present window so that I can only have ONE window open at any given time. Can anybody have any idea how I should investigate this?
    Greg & Grimm:(

2. EvileYe

EvileYe

This problem has been reported as a side effect of the Yahoo Toolbar on some computers.

Do you have the Yahoo Toolbar installed ? If so try removing it.

You can uninstall the Yahoo Toolbar by going into your Control Panel and selecting add/remove programs and select the Yahoo toolbar from there.

3. Augie65

Augie65

Have you checked to see if Reuse windows for launching shortcuts is checked in IE options? If it is, uncheck it. Right click IE on desktop> Properties> Advance tab> listed under Browsing.

4. mgbgtgrimm

mgbgtgrimm Thread Starter

EvileYe & Augie65, thank you very much. I did all of what you both reccomended with absolute success. Everything on laptop now works like on desktops. Never had to do anything on desktops so it must have been the way Toshiba preprogramed my new laptop. Again thanks a lot and have a Happy New Year.
    Greg & Grimm

5. Dan O

Dan O

6. Dan O

Dan O

That's great news and thanks for sharing it.

I was not sure if the other suggestions would work, which is why I suggested another option.

I will mark your thread as solved.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/428892

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice