1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Multiple Excel Cells Selected

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by timmyb1216, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timmyb1216

timmyb1216 Thread Starter

I am having an issue in Excel 2011. When I single left click 1 cell in a workbook...it selects the one I click on plus the cell directly under it. I've tried to close and reopen the program...also tried pressing F8 for the "Extend Selection" option. Please help...this is very annoying.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2037 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 30004 MB, Free - 14714 MB; D: Total - 44774 MB, Free - 44422 MB; E: Total - 1506 MB, Free - 774 MB; H: Total - 476906 MB, Free - 475123 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0RF703
    Antivirus: McAfee VirusScan Enterprise, Updated: No, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. icue

icue

Re-install Office?

3. timmyb1216

timmyb1216 Thread Starter

I got it to work...You have to stay in the "Normal view" of the spreadsheet and not the "Page Layout" view, and it works fine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026861

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice