1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Multiple Microsoft visual c++'s?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Yorio, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yorio

Yorio Thread Starter

Aug 25, 2011
    I recently looked in my programs and features and noticed I have multiple Microsoft visual c++'s going from 2005 to 2011, is it necessary that I have so many installed? (7 installed)

Edit: I also noticed I have 3 microsoft .NET frameworks (3) do I need more than one of those too? (3.5 SP1, 4 client profile and extended)
  2. Elvandil

Aug 1, 2003
    You need at least 2 versions as well as all the security updates in between. They are around 1 MB each, so I'd leave them alone if I were you. Some new programs will install yet another even if you have it already. That's all right, too.

For .NET, you need a version of 1, 2, 3, and 4. Any missing will be installed when needed or you will get an error.

If you are desperate for disk space, get a larger drive rather then risking crippling your machine.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1039014