1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Multiple User Account Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by FLOVETT, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FLOVETT

FLOVETT Thread Starter

First Name:
    Felton
    I have Windows Vista running at home and I have set up user accounts for my children; however, the web-site on which they last visited is not closed, so if I log on behind them I am still able to hear any audio from that site. I am also unable to log on to their account due to the time restriction placed. The only way that I have been able to close their session is to completely log off the system and log back on. Is there any way to have their session (web-site) closed when their time frame runs out. :cool:

2. Sponsor

3. kenny111111

kenny111111

could you do it through task manager? or are you talking automatic? (task scheduler)?

4. Curly

Curly

What are you using to set a time restriction?

5. Antiapplekid

Antiapplekid

There should be a tab in the Task Manager to log-off there user then that will get rid of any processes that the user is using at the time

6. Curly

Curly

That is true. Log off can be forced through Task Manager. But the problem will continue time and again, and forcing log off can cause problems. When a time limit is set, all open windows should be closed and the user logged off cleanly.

7. Antiapplekid

Antiapplekid

Let me grab my Windows Vista book quick

8. kenny111111

kenny111111

what if you just end the one process that the op is concerned with?? :confused:

9. FLOVETT

FLOVETT Thread Starter

First Name:
    Felton
    Thanks for this response; I will try this after setting up, again, another account for my son.

10. FLOVETT

FLOVETT Thread Starter

First Name:
    Felton
    I am using the presets offered via Vista that allows certain accounts to be logged into the computer at certain times.

11. Curly

Curly

Oh I see. You are using Parental Controls. Those only exist on Home and Ultimate versions, not Business and Enterprise that I use.

I just tested this on an Ultimate virtual machine. I was unable to forcibly log off the user. Strange!

Sorry but I do not have any experience with this, and I am out of ideas for the moment. Hopefully one of the many brains in this forum can come up with something.

12. FLOVETT

FLOVETT Thread Starter

First Name:
    Felton
    Thanks for the response: The only thing that I could come up with was after logging onto the system using the main (administrator) account, going to the Task Manager Window and then ending any processess associated with the alternate user. This seems to work, but I would much rather have the system automatically close all browser windows prior to ending the alternate users session.

13. FLOVETT

FLOVETT Thread Starter

First Name:
    Felton
    Thanks for the response - My only solution was to force applications to end using the Task Manager. Did you notice anything at all to close all windows prior to ending the alternnate user's session...

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/841825

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice