1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Multiple Word 2003 Sessions

Discussion in 'Archive: Business Applications' started by tacoheadjones, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tacoheadjones

tacoheadjones Thread Starter

Hi There!

I'm looking to help a user compare 2 documents side-by-side on 2 monitors on his system - each with their own Word toolbars.

By default, Word 2003 only allows you to open 1 session of Word and display several documents in the WINDOW menu, but we want to open 2 sessions of Word and have each one appear in each of his monitors so he can edit each document independently of the other.

I'm guessing it has an issue with this since it can only open the Normal.dot file once.

I could swear I've done this before in the past, but I don't see any settings like I see there is in Excel (Tools>Options>General "Ignore other applications).

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. slurpee55

slurpee55

Have you tried opening it as winword.exe /a ?
    That will start it without using any templates, add-ins, etc.

3. tacoheadjones

tacoheadjones Thread Starter

I figured it out! :) Tools, Options, View Tab, Windows In Taskbar

Yay me! :)

4. slurpee55

slurpee55

Great! :)
    Please use the button at the top of the page to mark this thread as Solved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757682