1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Music in the Background?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Money Pit, Jan 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Money Pit

Money Pit Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dave
    Does anyone know how I can take music from a CD and have it play on my desktop, behind the walpaper. NOT to be confused with playing a CD in the rom drive. My OS is Win 98se. Thanks Dave.

2. esdxc37

esdxc37

if you got http://www.yuansoft.com/features.html there is a cd to mp3 ripper called altomp3 maker that will put your cds into mp3.format which can then be played in the background with media player or any other music player the best is winamp found here www.winamp.com

3. Money Pit

Money Pit Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dave
    Do the files HAVE to be converted to MP3's?
    I also have an opinion about Winamp.
    I think I'll wait to see what other responces are forthcoming. Thanks. Dave.

4. TechChick

TechChick

No, the files don't have to be converted to MP3s. If they're not converted, the files will take up about 650MB of hard drive space. If the're converted to MP3s, they'll take up about 50MB of hard drive space.

5. Money Pit

Money Pit Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dave
    I have plenty of space. I have 2x20gig hard drives. so how do I do it? LOL. Thanks Dave.

6. TechChick

TechChick

Copy the contents of the CD to your hard drive. Then play the songs.

7. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

MoneyPit,
    I have Music Match Juke Box. If I record a CD, the tracks are all MP3's. I can then convert them to Wav if I like. However, I don't know if that imporves the quality of the sound. Once compressed I don't know if the missing pieces are there to be put back.

Writing a html document and then adding it to the list is how to do it. The problem is that even if you write it to have the player be invisible, a white block will show on the desktop.
    You would have to also include an img line and point to your Wallpaper. This will make the Wallpaper apear in the top left.
    You can change that to the top Center or right. And there will also be a color thing going on. To change to another color add a background color line inside the body tag. The thing I cannot do is play more than one song. However, there may be a script somewhere for that. I am not experienced enough to help you there.

EDIT: I agree with Techchick. Make a playlist and let it play in the background while you work.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66694

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice