1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: My computer doesn't detect my CPU Fan

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Greenpaladin7, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Greenpaladin7

Greenpaladin7 Thread Starter

Hello everyone. The problem is with my CPU fan/motherboard. For some reason my computer doesn't detect my CPU fan. The CPU fan runs but when I start up my computer I have to press F1 everytime to bypass the system error. I hope nothing serious is wrong and it's just a mis-communication with my CPU fan and motherboard bios. I recently just installed a new CPU fan from Zalman CPNS9500A. What should I try to do to correct this issue?

2. lilLB

lilLB

have u made sure that it is properly mounted?
    or maybe the problem is due to it being an aftermarket fan?
    not sure but its probably mounted and cooling correctly if your cpu isn't overheating

3. BG-0

BG-0

You propably can't do anything to stop it from whining about the CPU fan speed, because the connection (3/4-pin small fan power?) doesn't inform your motherboard about the fan speed. You can, however propably stop it from requiring the press of F1 at boot from BIOS.

4. Greenpaladin7

How do I stop my computer from whining about it? My cpu has beening running games for months now with no problem (except for one blue screen that had to do with the memory not being equal or less which just happened now lol). Also, the fan has an external mount for the CPU fan controller and i connected that to it. I disconnected it last week to see if it corrects the problem but it didn't do anything.

5. BG-0

BG-0

I really can't tell you that, because every BIOS is a little different... Explore the BIOS a little. There could be an option to stop monitoring your CPU fan speed (I doubt it), and there should be an option to stop it from asking the pressing of F1, if an error occurs.

6. Greenpaladin7

thanks, I hope I can fix that along with all the other problems :confused:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752780

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice