1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: my computer freezes all the time

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by GrannyRosey, Apr 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GrannyRosey

GrannyRosey Thread Starter

My computer keeps freezing

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Your computer specs say your computer is running Windows 7. Is this the computer you are having problems with? Or since this is the Windows 8 forum perhaps you are referring to a different computer.

3. GrannyRosey

I'm sorry, I guess I forgot to update my info. I now have 8.1

4. golddust

golddust

How much memory do you have. You need at least 4GB for it to run properly. Also, if you do have that, or better, check your system page to make sure it's all working. It will show how much memory you have. If the number is less than what you know it should be, you could have a bad memory stick. That page picks up on working memory - not just what was installed.

5. GrannyRosey

I don't really understand it all, but I thought I was OK. Under Windows C: 832 GB free of 914 GB. I don't know how to tell anything from the system page. I tried to attach the system page as a zip file but it said it was to long so I took a chance and sent it as a reply from my email.

6. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Hard drive capacity is not Memory. Ram is Memory. Are you running a 32 Bit Version of Win 8 or a 64bit version?

7. GrannyRosey

8. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Your computer would run better with more Ram With a 32 bit version of windows your maximum ram would be 4Gb. But with 64bit Windows your maximum is the maximum allowed by the motherboard. It is hard to tell what the exact model number Pavilion you have. Can you post the exact model here?

9. GrannyRosey

Does this help? 23-h017c

10. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
  11. GrannyRosey

yes that's my computer

12. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    According to HP they shipped with 8Gb Ram, the Core i3 4330T Processor. It could be heat related, if the insides of the computer are choked with dust. You don't say when in particular it freezes or what you are doing when it freezes.

13. GrannyRosey

It doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing. I can be doing anything from checking my emails, checking blogs, or going to different websites. I haven't noticed any pattern.

14. Tabvla

Tabvla

Rosemary, do you know how to use Event Viewer in Control Panel..?

If "yes" then open Event Viewer and find the "events" associated with the computer crash. If "no" then post back and someone will explain to you how to use EV.

T.

15. GrannyRosey

I went to Event Viewer and I would imagine Administrative Events is the one I would want to look at. I have attempted to send it as an attachment with no luck so I will try another way
    Under Application Resource Management System/Operational There are 3 events, they say:
    Error 4/15/2015 10:37:35 AM Applic 240 (2005)
    Warning 4/15/2015 10:37:35 AM Applic 342 (2014)
    Warning 4/11/2015 5:37:34 PM Applic 342 (2014)
    Under Applications and Services Logs there isn't anything in any of them
    Under Windows Logs there are 243 events in System - 11 warning and 13 errors

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146546

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice