Solved: My Computer opens 'search' window on click

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Donna74

I've had this problem for a long time now and still haven't found a solution on my own. One day I opened My Computer (also happens when My Computer is highlighted in Windows Explorer) and when I clicked on C drive it opened the Search window. So from then on when I want to explore the contents of A (Floppy drive), C (hard drive), D (CD drive) or E (DVD burner) drives I've go to right-click and select Open or Explore from the context menu. It is a pain in the you-know-what and wastes a lot of time.

FYI, the order of commands in the context menu are:
Search...
Explore
Open

Because of this, most of the time I'll use W/Explorer and the tree at the side to explore the hard drive etc.

Hope someone can help....and any idea WHY this happened on its own would be enlightening.

Cheers,
Donna74

Donna74

If I click on your link it opens text in the browser. Am I supposed to do something else with it?

Donna74

I just downloaded the link and clicked on it - obviously what I should have done first. Anyway, it worked! Hip Hip Horray! Thankyou soooo much!!!!!!!

Donna :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online