Solved: My computer wont shut down or restart from start menu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

christyny631

Anyone know how to fix this? I working on Windows 98.

P.S. I had also posted earlier yesterday about my system being slow, lockups, and low resources. That problem was solved, but I have to say...spysubtract pro (which someone suggested I use) found at least 2000 files on my system that were a threat that Spybot and Adaware did not. The program is wonderful, and should be suggested along with the other 2. Just some friendly feedback. :)

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Your shutdown/restart problem started after using InterMute SpySubtract Pro? :confused:

Since InterMute took over CWShredder and integrated SpySubtract into it(which I deleted from the folder after installing CWShredder), I wonder just how well it really works. :rolleyes:

christyny631

No, it was happening before that. After posting I attempted a restart and it worked. I'll see if it continues to work. Thank you.

There is a win98 shutdown supplement download available from microsoft to fix shutdown bugs.

Try using mozilla firefox browser,its free,safe,and secure, spyware cannot get installed.

If you think its fun finding 2000 spyware items on your computer keep using IE.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online