1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: My cursor is acting crazy !!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Nefersetty, Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nefersetty

Nefersetty Thread Starter

Sometimes when a write a message,whether is an E-mail or post on a forum, my cursor keeps jumping back or ahead on the page. I start writing a few letters from a word and the rest of that word finishes somewhere else in the text.
    What seems to be the problem?
    Thanks.

2. Gerchan

Gerchan

Well I had the same problem a few weeks ago and I resolved by updating the mouse drivers. Try dowloading te latest mouse drivers from the manufacturer's website

Hope this helps
    Gerchan

3. Nefersetty

Just tried that a minute ago and it's not compatible with Vista but thanks for the advice anyway.

4. geta1984

geta1984

Are you moving the mouse when this happens?

Is it a laser mouse or tracking ball mouse?

Laser mice usually need fast computers to utilize them smoothly...my basement comp gets really slow and can't follow all of the tracking points (via laser) and so it jumps around on me.

Make sure it's on a clean surface too, maybe one with a monotone color.

5. Nefersetty

I'm using a laser mouse on a laptop with a touch pad( i can't stand touch pads,I'm faster with the mouse). Could it be that the bottom of my hand keeps touching the pad while I'm typing?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/618145

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice