1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: my D drive has become OEM reserved - how to enable?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mc_nih, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mc_nih

mc_nih Thread Starter

hi there,

i've just finished installed windows 7 64 bit for my joybook benq s42...before this i have c nad d drive for my window files and my own files(d drive)...and i dont understand why my d drive has become OEM reserved and it is disable/hidden/(whatever...)...so...i have lost my 200GB space for my D drive..so..pls anyone...can u guys help me to solve this problem and get back my D drive...here i post some pics for u guys to view..

please everyone...help me....

Attached Files:

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Welcome to TSG!

I'd give Test Disk a try. Probably just need to change the partition type back to 07, which is HPFS-NTFS.
    Spend some time reading thought the examples.

Be sure to right click the Test disk file and choose Run as Administrator
    After the Quick Search, highlight the partition, then press T to change the type.

You can browse the partition and even copy files to test before you write the partition table back to the drive.

Hopefully you had all your files backed up before the upgrade.

3. mc_nih

mc_nih Thread Starter

hi there...thank you for ur reply..ok...i'll try using ur solution..once it done...i'll come back here and tell u the result..thank you so much for ur cooperation my fren.

4. robinofloxley

robinofloxley

One of the file unlockers might help. Have a search.

Although I think they mainly work under XP.

My D: was the recovery partition. Not MyFiles.

Under XP, folders could be locked and it may have needed a 3rd party app to unlock. Or a DOS box and change permissions.

Under Win7, I have only found, so far, to right click a protected folder and click sharing and share with myself or everyone.

I think Bill Gates and his Elves are taking security a bit to far.

5. mc_nih

mc_nih Thread Starter

Thank you TheOutcaste...and thank you for everyone who's willing to help me...everything is come back to normal now and problem is solved...

thank you so much..

6. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

You're Welcome!

I take it Test Disk did the trick? Quite a handy little tool.

Glad you got the system going again.

If your issue has been resolved you (and ONLY you) can mark this thread Solved by using the Mark Solved button at the Top Left of this thread (above the first post) :)

[​IMG]

Jerry

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/886075

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice