1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: My desktop is gone!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Kendykorn, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kendykorn

Kendykorn Thread Starter

Hey i need help in gettin my desktop and taskbar back, after i have signed into my account im staring at a black screen. The only way i can use the internet or any other program is my going through my task manager. The thing is i was away for a while and i dont know what my brother has downloaded or anything...HELP..!!:(

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

In task manager click new task> type in explorer.exe>OK.May get you back up and running.

3. Kendykorn

Kendykorn Thread Starter

Omg theres my desktop lol thank you so much! will i have to do that everytime i go on my laptop?

4. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

5. Kendykorn

Kendykorn Thread Starter

Will i have to do that everytime i go on my laptop or should that be it sorted now? x

6. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

No unless the same problem comes up again but it does not always work. Sometimes one cannot open task manager.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920093

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice