Solved: My DVD Burner/player ain't Recognized

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xico

When I boot up, it lists the CD player as the master, and nothing as the slave. I'm sure it was working at one time, and it's relatively new, maybe 6 or 7 months. The CD player works fine. I just put another ribbon on them to make sure it wasn't the ribbon. I pulled and reseated the connectors, and reseated the audio connectors.

I suspected a bad connection, because there wasn't any sounds of the DVD burner going bad. I just noticed it wouldn't open, and then that it appeared pretty dead, and finally that it wasn't being recognized when I booted up.

Maybe it is dead :eek: :(

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,

Xico

Had the same problem and it turned out to be a bad burner. Put in a new one and all was well.

xico

Thanks, ctuna! I took both the CD play and the DVD burner out, switched positions for the ribbon, put a new ribbon on them, and now it's recognized.
Thanks. I just couldn't believe it went out with out a sound. Not even the smell of fried wire. Guess I'll mark it solved. (y) :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online