1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: My form doesn't fill in my table?????

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by thewebbmasterone, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thewebbmasterone

thewebbmasterone Thread Starter

I'm using Access 2003 and i have created a from that is based on tables that i have made that are just for support, such as i have an area collumn and i hava table called area so that i can referr to it and it will populate my list. But The form needs to save all the information i select in a main database table. But i must have missed something because i created a form in design mode but when i fill everything out it doesn't go anywhere. Once i close the form the information is gone and doesn't get saved in the main database table. I even tried to select save record and it did nothing. Can anyone help me, please? Thanks

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Hello, this is quite a common problem when you are starting out in Access. Before I can provide any answers I have some questions.
    The first question is - Do you know how to view the Properties of your Form in Design Mode?
    Second Question - What is the "Record Source" of your Form?
    Third Question - can you attach a zipped copy of the database on this post using the "Go Advanced" and "Manage Attachments" buttons?

3. slurpee55

slurpee55

If you can't zip and post your database, please at least answer the first two of OBP's questions....a form with no record source is not tied to anything, for instance, so the data goes nowhere.

4. slurpee55

slurpee55

5. slurpee55

slurpee55

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/736636