1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: my GRAPHIX CARD DIED

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by axoli45, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. axoli45

axoli45 Thread Starter

You see i was playing this game called GunZ i closed my pc just now to go do my homework and boom when i get back on it wont work it says my graphix card wont work so i go and watch some vid about how to fix it i try but it dosent workf or exzample when i did this

start->computer proerties->hardware-> devise manager-> then i look for the adpotor to update it and
    guess what u dont see it can anyone help me i have a project in a week and my pc wont open the program

2. frankjohn

frankjohn

Is this a laptop or a desk top? If its a desk top is the video on board or do you have a video card?

3. axoli45

axoli45 Thread Starter

well its a destop like it said it worked fine b4 so i think i do have it ive had dis pc for 7yrs

4. axoli45

axoli45 Thread Starter

for exzample if i paly a game etiher it gives me error or it acts liek it "starts" but nothing happens after

5. axoli45

axoli45 Thread Starter

you see thats the rpoblum i ahve my pc is windoes xp home editon im trying to paly a game called: GunZ by www.ijji.com
    but my video card "grahpis" died 1hr ago and i need to know what to get ic ant even update cause i cant find it i tried direct X but it wont work

6. frankjohn

frankjohn

Can you get a display when the pc turns on?

7. axoli45

axoli45 Thread Starter

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Not sure why you posted this in someone else's thread, so I have moved it back to your thread. Please ask for assistance in your own thread not someone else's.

9. axoli45

axoli45 Thread Starter

well im sorry for being hopeless -.-"

10. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Without you telling us anything about your computer makes it hard to give suggestions.

What video card do you have?

Have you tried System Restore?

11. axoli45

axoli45 Thread Starter

well i just looked up i have vgs compatble nivida but um system restore delets all my programs right?

12. axoli45

axoli45 Thread Starter

also for exzample i tried the nivida setuo just now and it tells me "the nivada setup program could not loacate any drivers that are compatable with ur current hardware setup will now exit"

13. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    System Restore(not System Recovery) takes your computer back to the date of you choosing - it will only remove programs or undo changes that were done after that day.

So have an NVidia card? Which one?

14. axoli45

axoli45 Thread Starter

geforce
    geforce400 series
    geforce gtx 480

my pc info is
    mircosoft windows xp
    home editon
    service pack 3
    version 2002

and how do i get to system restore

15. axoli45

axoli45 Thread Starter

and when i go to comepute proerties->hardware-> device manger-> i have a bios that has a quesiton mark and a vgs compatble its telling me it cant find the right files

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!