1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: My hotmail account is stuck, not receiving emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Miguelito47, Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miguelito47

Miguelito47 Thread Starter

I have 2 Hotmail accounts with MSN. My primary account I pay for (MSN Plus or something) & the other is basic and free. I'm paid up on the primary account.
    I have 2 IBM Thinkpads, a T41(XP Pro) & a T21(Windows 2000). I opened Outlook Express this morning & found 1 new email-- from eBay (it had my correct user name so I don't think it is a spoof). I tried to delete it but it wouldn't delete. A window says: An Unknown Error Has Occured. So I closed Outlook Express & accessed my primary Hotmail account through the internet. I tried to delete the message there. It seemed to delete and got as far as the trash but when I tried to empty it, it re-appeared in its original place-- as an unopened email. I was not able to delete any other emails.
    I was able to send an email to my secondary Hotmail account.
    But when I opened the secondary account & sent an email to my primary account, it was not received. Also, I always receive an email from Dictionary.com with a new word each morning and nothing came. So I'm concluding that somehow my primary Hotmail account is stuck or blocked.
    Any suggestions are deeply appreciated. Thanks! -M

2. Miguelito47

Miguelito47 Thread Starter

Turns out it was a glitch on their end. the problem persisted throughout the morning but "magically" cleared up. I believe it was some problem with their server.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/517108

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice