1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: My Laptop Keeps Freezing Up Not Matter What I Try

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by rstarre, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rstarre

rstarre Thread Starter

I kept getting a "Internet Explorer Not Responding" & Foxfire Not responding" errors. I was able to load a few web sites and then it would freeze. I could not do a thing to fix it other than turn the power off on my lapton & turning it back on. I used my restore disc and things worked of for a while. Now it is starting to happen again. I ran Mylicousbytes, Slimcleaner & AVG and it shows no problems. I went to theMicrosoft site and there suggestion was to runtheir troubleshooter that came with Windows. I got these eroos codes. Are these errors causing my laptop to freeze up all the time? Since I did a restore, can one of the "Window Updates" that are automatically downloading be causing my problem? I am running Vista Premium edition 64

>Scan ERROR: resource process://pid:1132 (code 0x00000005 (5))
    ->Scan ERROR: resource process://pid:6040 (code 0x00000490 (1168))
    ->Scan ERROR: resource process://pid:5324 (code 0x00000490 (1168))
    ->Scan ERROR: resource process://pid:5344 (code 0x00000490 (1168))

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

3. rstarre

rstarre Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 4094 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce G102M, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 238469 MB, Free - 201917 MB; D: Total - 226465 MB, Free - 226359 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc., K50IN
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus 2013, Updated and Enabled

4. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
  5. rstarre

rstarre Thread Starter

Thanks so much. I think the SP2 worked. So far so good. I did try to download SP2 from the Microsoft site before. I got a message saying that the update did not pertain to my version of Windows. Or something on that order.
    One small problem I have now. I zipped a few of my game files that I downloaded from pay sites. I have the games on my desktop but I cannot back them up on a CD. I sent the zipped game files to my email and tried to download them again on my laptop. This did work for me a while ago when I had to do a restore on my old laptop. No I try to unzip files and I get error message "File path cannot be found of does not exist." How do I fix that. Or better yet, is there a way I can put the copyrighted game on a backup disk in case I have another problem with my computers.

6. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    Rstarre,

Glad to hear SP2 worked for you. As far as your other problem, I would start a new thread for that.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090545

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice