1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: My Monitor gives me a sleep/power save signal

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by InfiniteEnd, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. InfiniteEnd

InfiniteEnd Thread Starter

So I built my computer like last week and I was trying it out Crysis Warhead on max. Then saw my temperature thing on my case and it said 43degrees celcius, and I thought, woah thats hot, and i opened my side board but when i did, my whole computer shut down. I think i might have tripped the motherboard 24pin wires some how and it lost power and everything went down. Then when i tried booting my computer again, my monitor says in powersave mode, please move mouse or something. i moved my mouse key board and everythign and even rebooted my computer several times. I've tried many things but it won't work. Im having someone look at it in a few days, but you guys might know whats going down.

I've tried rebooting countless times.
    I've repositioned my ram.
    I replaced my video card with my old one, plugged vga in nothing.
    i tried my monitor on my lap top, monitor works. not the monitor's fault, though i hoped it was because its easier to replace that then a mobo or whatnot.
    and sometimes, when i boot, it shuts off after like 5 seconds and re-boots it self.
    My keyboard light and mouse lights are off. my fans and psu and cpu fan are on and my graphics card fan is on.
    maybe its harddrive malfunction? >< i hope not. but i dont think so, the monitor doesn't even turn on!
    so guys, im really stumped.

and if it matters
    Mobo: P5P43TD DDR3 LGA775[or something, the very common one]
    PSU:550watts
    CPU: intel core 2 duo e8400 3.0ghz
    GPU: xfx HD4890
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar 500gb
    4 gigs of g-skill ram 2 sticks, 2gb each

2. frustratedad

frustratedad

Try random things.

If you're KB/mouse are usb, move them to different slots.
    Reset GPU, again.
    Reseat ram, again.

Make sure your monitor plug is FIRMLY plugged.

If you can get to bios, reset defaults.

So much to try!
    I love these problems! :p

3. InfiniteEnd

did it again, nothing.

4. InfiniteEnd

bump bump

5. InfiniteEnd

My PSU just didn't have enough, or it had JUST ENOUGH, so everything just jumped. Reset the bios, took battery in and out. and done. solved

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/885643

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice