1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: My new domain is not working

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by inferlogic, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. inferlogic

inferlogic Thread Starter

Hi All,
    I wonder if anyone can help me. I registered a new domain on sunday afternoon and uploaded zen cart to my web server VIA FTP because I am going to be using Zen Cart. Problem is i can't install Zen cart because my domian doesn't seem to be working. I went onto live chat with my web host and according to them the domain is live and is working even when they type in my URL but when i tired i just get the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message. How can it be possible i cannot view my page? I have cleared cookies and files but still no joy. can anyone else try the URL it is www.signifyman.com you should see a Zen Cart welcome page.

Thanks

2. support.clpafs

support.clpafs

No actually it displays an installation page.

3. inferlogic

Yes that's what it should show but why can't I see that, i have tried on 3 computers in my house and no joy?

Thanks

4. support.clpafs

support.clpafs

Can you go to any other websites? If you can, it sounds like maybe your site has been blocked by your router or?? there are some issues with your router.

5. inferlogic

Yes any other sites work fine. Possibly a router issue? Is it just simply powering down the router and turning back on again to try this solution?

Cheers

6. support.clpafs

support.clpafs

You can try that. What type of router do you have? what brand?

If Linksys, try consulting with their free technical support. I do not have the number on hand with me but maybe you could find it on their website or just chat with a technician on their site. http://www.linksys.com

7. inferlogic

It's Netgear.
    if browse my host control panel and I click on the site preview button i get the correct page this is the link i coppied from the browser
    http://92.48.110.7/$sitepreview/signifyman.com/
    it works with that, what does this mean?

8. support.clpafs

support.clpafs

I'd say thats similar to a parked directory. It reflects the content of another.

(IDEA) Try downloading a new web browser, I recommend Google Chrome.

See if that works. It should.

9. inferlogic

Ok thanks for your help I'll try the router solution and new browser and see if it helps!

Cheers mate.

10. support.clpafs

support.clpafs

ok. I am willing to do remote support but we would have to post all of the results here.

11. inferlogic

thr router did not help. What is remote support?

12. inferlogic

this is what google Chrome says
    Oops! This link appears broken.
    DNS error - cannot find server

13. support.clpafs

support.clpafs

So yeah It is a problem with your DNS on your router. Do you have custom DNS servers?

14. inferlogic

That could be in an alien language to me lol, im not up on my server knowlege :-S

15. support.clpafs

support.clpafs

I could help you through remote assistance but so we dont violate the TOS we would have to post the results here so others with the same issue can see how this issue was resolved. Are you willing to try it?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752661

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice