Solved: My new domain is not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

inferlogic

Hi All,
I wonder if anyone can help me. I registered a new domain on sunday afternoon and uploaded zen cart to my web server VIA FTP because I am going to be using Zen Cart. Problem is i can't install Zen cart because my domian doesn't seem to be working. I went onto live chat with my web host and according to them the domain is live and is working even when they type in my URL but when i tired i just get the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message. How can it be possible i cannot view my page? I have cleared cookies and files but still no joy. can anyone else try the URL it is www.signifyman.com you should see a Zen Cart welcome page.

Thanks

inferlogic

Yes that's what it should show but why can't I see that, i have tried on 3 computers in my house and no joy?

Thanks

Can you go to any other websites? If you can, it sounds like maybe your site has been blocked by your router or?? there are some issues with your router.

inferlogic

Yes any other sites work fine. Possibly a router issue? Is it just simply powering down the router and turning back on again to try this solution?

Cheers

You can try that. What type of router do you have? what brand?

If Linksys, try consulting with their free technical support. I do not have the number on hand with me but maybe you could find it on their website or just chat with a technician on their site. http://www.linksys.com

inferlogic

It's Netgear.
if browse my host control panel and I click on the site preview button i get the correct page this is the link i coppied from the browser
http://92.48.110.7/$sitepreview/signifyman.com/
it works with that, what does this mean?

I'd say thats similar to a parked directory. It reflects the content of another.

(IDEA) Try downloading a new web browser, I recommend Google Chrome.

See if that works. It should.

inferlogic

Ok thanks for your help I'll try the router solution and new browser and see if it helps!

Cheers mate.

inferlogic

this is what google Chrome says
Oops! This link appears broken.
DNS error - cannot find server

I could help you through remote assistance but so we dont violate the TOS we would have to post the results here so others with the same issue can see how this issue was resolved. Are you willing to try it?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online