1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: My nextar mp3 is not being shown as removable disk

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by thatguy1, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thatguy1

thatguy1 Thread Starter

Can anyone please help me.

My nextar mp3 is not being shown as removable disk. It only shows as "Audio Player." So it won't let me add songs, reformat, or erase the data it has. I tried using management on "My Computer," but it didn't work. I also tried right clicking on the "Audio Player" and going to "Properties," but all it gave me was general information. I could really use any help that worked for you if you had a similar problem like this. Anything at all is appreciated. Thanks. :)

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

How does the device appear in Disk Management?

Where does it appear as "Audio Player"?

Do you see any problems in Device Manager when it is plugged in?

3. stantley

stantley

4. thatguy1

thatguy1 Thread Starter

the disk doesn't appear in disk management.
    It appears as 'Audio Player' in portable devices.
    when I plug in the disk and open disk manager it doesn't appear and when I open properties in 'Audio Player' all it gives me is general information.

5. thatguy1

thatguy1 Thread Starter

I don't fully understand the first solution. Please be more descriptive.

6. stantley

stantley

On some Mp3 players you can change the USB transfer mode from MTP mode (Media Transfer Protocol) to MSC Mode (Mass Storage Class).

If it's in MTP mode it will show up as an audio player (which is what you're seeing). If it's in MSC Mode it will show up as the next available drive letter.

If your player doesn't have that option try the link I gave you.

What's the model number of your player?

7. thatguy1

thatguy1 Thread Starter

The model # is MA933-1PT

8. thatguy1

thatguy1 Thread Starter

I used the first solution in the link you gave me and I found out that my computer won't let me update the driver. Is it because I need a program that allows me to update my driver?

9. thatguy1

thatguy1 Thread Starter

YES YES IT WORKED THANK YOU THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING ME. I used the link you gave me and I realized that I was on a totally different program that wasn't related to the problem I had so I fixed it and used the link you gave me and it worked. Thank You I really appreciate it. I thought that I had to waste money on another one but because of you guys I can go back to saving money and I can move forward. Thank you again. :)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1068365