1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: My PC is gasping!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tranch, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tranch

tranch Thread Starter

Something has happened to my other PC. It will not connect to the internet. Two hours ago I shut it off and it was working perfectly. The machine starts slower than it normally did, opens Explorer and goes no further. It will not connect to Google, games anything. It just locks up.

It's not the connection this PC is running from the same connection and boots up fine. Any suggestions?

2. TekTime

TekTime

Is it free of malware; has it been scanned recently for virus infections etc?

1.) Check your CPU usage in Task Manager. Is it close to 100% during the time of the slowdown?

2.) Boot into Safe Mode With Networking and see if you still have that problem.

3. tranch

tranch Thread Starter

I still have the problem. Regular boot and CPU usage is 100%. Booting up in safemode with Networking, and CPU usage drops to 93%, and neither will drop any lower, the PC just runs a half step above locked up!

I have scanned with SuperAntiSpyware, AdAware, and just for the heck of it ran CCleaner, other than cookies on here, there were no viruses, and still the same usage on the CPU.

In the past week or so I have gotten downloads/updates from SuperAntiSpyware, Adobe and AdAware. I've also updated my Video Drivers by going to AMD, letting them detect my video card, detect if I needed updated drivers, which I did. I then downloaded and installed the drivers they told me I needed. It has been in the last week or two that I have had this problem so I've restored the PC back to a point 2 weeks ago and, as I'm using it right now, my CPU usage is at 0%. I'll add these downloads/update and drivers one at a time to see what happens.

4. tranch

tranch Thread Starter

It is something with the AMD driver install. Soon as I put it on my PC the CPU usage goes through the roof.

I'll get in contact with AMD and see what they have to say.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!