1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Solved) 'My Picture' viewing icon question

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by valley, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. valley

valley Thread Starter

Hi guys. Does anyone know how to set my system so that I can click on 'my pictures' and automatically see the pics as thumbnails? I used to be able to, but something happened and all of the thumbnails went away and were replaced, each with a magnifying glass instead. As soon as I click on it, the picture comes up.....but it very inconvenient when I am looking for a specific pic and have to rely on the titles alone until I click on one.

I use win me

2. mtbird

mtbird

3. maxximilian

maxximilian Guest

Close any extra windows or programs you have running and go to the START button. Click it and then hit "RUN". In the box, type in the line below EXACTLY or copy/paste it:

regsvr32 %windir%\system\thumbvw.dll

...and hit OK.

Look to see if the thumbnails are present again. If not, try rebooting and look again.

Have you recently installed or uninstalled a graphics program by chance?

4. valley

valley Thread Starter

yep....I installed irfanview recently.

I will go do what you told me to right now.

Thanks for the help Debe and Maxx.....lol, here I was all worried that someone with a name like "newbie_crusher" was gonna come and ask me all sorts of terrifying technical questions. Its good to see some familiar faces up here. :)

5. valley

valley Thread Starter

YAY!!! *does the happy dance* They're all back!!

Thanks again! :)

6. maxximilian

maxximilian Guest

Sometimes I come up here to the techy stuff to get my hands dirty...LOL ;)

I suggest you bookmark this thread for future occasions. There is a known issue in WinME. When you install or uninstall a graphics related program, the thumbnail DLL file gets severed from the registry. Not all the time...but alot. ;)

Looks like we have another thing in common....Windows ME. :)

7. valley

valley Thread Starter

ok, will do.

yep, that makes two now, painting being the other one! ;)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113653

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice