1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: My programs such as MS word does not minimize to task bar

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by marie2see, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marie2see

marie2see Thread Starter

:confused: Hello I have a Win98se and Im having probs with minimizing my applications or programs to the task bar when I minimize say MS word for example it disappears and i have to use the ALT-TAB button to bring it back up my IE web pages will minimize to task bar just not my programs the taskbar options have only the "Always on top" and "Show Clock clicked" any help would be of great help.

2. Miz

Miz

Click Here to open a Kelly's Korner page.

Scroll down to line 240 and in the left-hand column, click on "Programs Aren't Minimized In The Taskbar" to download a small .vbs file. You might have to right click it, then left click "Save target as" or, if using Firefox, "Save link as."

Once the file is saved to the harddrive, run it according to the directions at the top of the Kelly's Korner page.

3. marie2see

marie2see Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply I did try that before but it did not work but thank you anyway I have fixed the problem though seems to be some type of adware causing the prob I ran ad-aware and now things are minimizing to taskbar sorry for the bother.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488968

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice