Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: My router didn't work and couldn't connect

836 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Geckohead 
#1 ·
I just spent the better part of an entire week trying to fix my once pretty good connection through DSL; my modem and my router. I looked and looked for help with my problem-I could log on to the internet through just my modem, not my router.
Well, Friday night it was fine, Sat. AM it was not. Thus began my story. I unhooked everything and re hooked up everything, I reset everything and did all the suggested things I could find. I pinged and config'ed and pulled my hair out.
With a bit of help from Time Warner (who updated our neighborhood connection), and my dogged determination I crept along and got my modem hooked up and got the router hooked up as well. It all looked like it was going to work this time and sure enough I was surfing away faster than ever before! So I go to my laptop and the other desktop in the house and tried to connect. No go.
What! So back to the main computer and what is wrong? WHAT IS WRONG NOW!!! So I set about to looking at every setting and every hint I can come across from this sight to anywhere!
I am in the router log in pages. 'Back Up Setting' to be exact. And I spy something I had not seen or heard of before it is like a miracle button. I push this button and right before my very eyes everything starts working. The button? It's the Erase button to Revert to factory default button. I obviously screwed up some setting somewhere, but to not ever to have read about this miracle button anywhere I am aghast. Why wouldn't that be one of the first things to be offered up? I reset the inset button on the back of the router 100 times, but never knew I could or should do this as well. I hope this helps someone or maybe I missed it somewhere here but I found it on my own and was astounded. It literally fixed everything just like that! And now I am done and am about to resume surfing. Thanks though for helping me through this one, every thing I read was very thorough. But sometimes you techies(?) forget to suggest the simple things first. Now I'm done.

See less See more
#3 ·
No, not the reset the router button on the router itself, as I had done that as suggested a number of times. I'm talking about the Reset to to factory default button "Erase" on the router login page. Specifally the "Back Up settings" page. You have the option to back up, restore, or erase and revert to default factory settings. That is the button nobody said anything about (that I found). That is the button that saved me.

#5 ·
I have a Netgear WPN824v3. I looked that up every which way I could and not one suggestion had this particular item in it and all I wanted to do is help some other poor sap who has tried everything. This particular time on my particular model this button worked the magic. That's all I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.