1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: my screen has changed size or sumthin

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by stevey481516, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevey481516

stevey481516 Thread Starter

my laptop screen now has a border all the way round it but it never used to and i can change the settings back to full screen but it just semms to stretch and it is more pixelated , can someone tell me how to get it back to normal.

2. fatbobthefirst

fatbobthefirst

I am wondering if a Video driver corrupted it.
    What is the screen resolution and size when it is not stretched.
    And how are you stretching it?

3. stevey481516

stevey481516 Thread Starter

what happened was i was playing the movies and it froze because i tried to put rain into a scene and it just wouldnt have it because i had my detail too high for my laptop and so anyway my laptop completely froze and so i had to just switch it off and when i turned it back on, my screen had borders around it (PS i changed a setting previously so that when i played games my screen had a border around but now it seems to have stuck permanently for my whole laptop. i can have a full screen display but it does not look good because it just stretches the screen and everything is bigger than it should).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/632800

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice