1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Solved: My speaker/sound isn't loud enough

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Holly3278, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Hey everyone. I need some help. A couple of weeks ago I restored my computer to factory condition. During this process, the updated drivers for my sound/graphics card were deleted. I had been having this problem before updating the drivers before I had restored to factory condition and updating the drivers fixed the problem. Well, I updated the drivers again around a week ago and it did not fix the problem this time. The volume is still too low on my computer and I have it turned up to like 80. I don't want to turn it up much higher because I fear it could damage my speakers which are built in to the monitor. How can I fix this? Here is my system information:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 215 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 4863 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9100, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 599384 MB, Free - 548411 MB; D: Total - 10992 MB, Free - 1649 MB;
    Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, VIOLET6
    Antivirus: COMODO Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Also, I do want to note that at the end of May, my motherboard burned up. It was caused by the graphics card overheating. The graphics card is integrated to the motherboard. I sent it to the repair shop and HP put in a brand new motherboard for me. It has not been overheating or anything since then and works fine but the sound is now too low after restoring to factory condition. I could really use some help with this.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Did you get these drivers from hp or did you get them from realtek? If you used the hp driver, you might try deleting the hp driver and installing the realtek driver;
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/
    Note realtek makes the onboard sound for your mb.

I assume you have already checked all of the settings in the driver options to make sure it is turned up.

3. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Actually I downloaded the NVIDEA drivers. I honestly thought that it would control the sound. I guess I was wrong. I feel really stupid now. I went to the Realtek site but I cannot find the driver that I need. Can you please help me find it? :confused:

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

5. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Problem solved. Downloading and installing the new driver is what fixed it. Thanks! :)

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You are welcome. Good job
    (y)

7. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Thanks! :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1104469

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice