1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: My sys heats up rapidly and...........

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mysyscrashd, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mysyscrashd

mysyscrashd It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

My sys heats up rapidly (as soon as 6 to 7 minutes 4m startup).I dnno whats goin on out in there.i think there are sort of coolants for computers too(i'm not sure tik i heard it somewhere):rolleyes:.I would b happy if anyone could help me vth it.If there exist such type of coolants can u plz tell me the full details.

tnx again,
    Abhinav

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, first of all you need to post your exact system specs; ie make and model of board, cpu, power supply, etc, etc.

Next is this a new build or is it a system that has been working fine and developed a problem?

3. mysyscrashd

i donno precisely what my sys is made of.All i can tell u is that it has an ASUS motherboard with intel dual core processor and a 1GB dynet Ram.i dont have any other video or graphic card installed (other than those which came vth it).My sys is abt 1 month old

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, have you read your manual? The model of the asus board is printed on the manual.

Next you have not answered if this had been working or has it always had this problem?

Have you opened the case and checked the cpu heatsink/fan to see if the fan is running and the hsf is securely attached?

5. mysyscrashd

yes both the fans are wrkin.Actually the thing is that 4 days back i opened the cabinet case (just for fun) i tried to study the whole thing and removed many wires.L8r i connected all the wires but i'm not sure if i connected them perfectly.4m then this prob has occured. If my dad gets to know abt this he wud thrash me.i just told him that this usually happens vth all computers.

6. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Would hasve been useful to know this originally. I would guess the CPU fan may not have been connected back, which would cause a rapid overheat, or there may be another part connected wrong.

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

From your posts and what I can ascertain about your level of repair skills, the best advise I could give you would be to take the system to a local shop and have it repaired. Try to find a shop where they actually do repairs, upgrades, etc. FWIW do not go to somewhere like best buy.

8. mysyscrashd

tnx for understandig and tryin to help me.tnx a lot

9. mysyscrashd

em win xp sp2 is the thing i loaded onto my sys and i have 1GB ram with intel core 2 duo processor

10. mysyscrashd

i also want to buy a graphic card probably GeForce8800

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754098

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice