Solved: #Name? Error in access 2007

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

obatusai

Can some one help me, I'm geting this error in my DB showing this error in some fields that show data stored on tables. how can I correct this? :confused:

obatusai

they seem to be fine! they match the names from the tables they feed. What do you mean by that?

OBP

This error usually occurs when the Field Name in the Form's Field's Record Source Property does not match that of the Table or query providing the data.
Have you checked the Form's "Field List"?
If you can post a zipped copy of the database in Access 2003 version by converting it, we can look at it for you.
Or post screenshots of the Table in design mode and the Form with a Field with the problem in design mode.

obatusai

I'm trying to copy boths the screens and the DB but I don't know how. copy paste won't work

OBP

If you have the Table in design view, use the keyboard fn + Print Screen (prt sc) or Ctrl + Printscreen, that will put a copy of you table design in the Clipboard.
You can then open a blank Excel Worksheet and Paste the "Image" in to it.
Now open the Form in design view and click on a Filed that has the #name problem, make sure the the Properties are showing and then use the Prontscreen to capture the image and paste that in the Excel Sheet as well.
Use the "Go Advanced" and "Manage Attachments" Buttons to post the Excel sheet as an Attachmnent.

OBP

On the First Level Form is the problem the Fields down the right hand side?
Co Code
Vendor Number etc

obatusai

yeap, those are the ones, same in the other forms. actually all fields except for the Date fields

OBP

Ok, those fields are not in the Field List for that Form, this is how to see the field list

Attachments

obatusai

Thank You, it really worked! everything is working as it should!
Thanks a lot for your help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online