Solved: Need a Driver

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JoshDuck

Hi all,

I need a driver for an Ethernet Controller for an Asus system board numbered PTGD-VX in a sony Viao model # PCV-A11L Running windows XP Pro. Asus's site has been down for a few daya nd I cant seem to find it any where. I will keep looking but if some one could point me in a good direction I would be grateful.

Thank you,
Josh

P.S. Sorry if this in the wrong thread.

JoshDuck

Sadly I have checked there as well as google. The Product number and sierel number come back with nothing. The Chaisi number isn't there and I am unable to acquire a drive from that site.

SUEOHIO

SUE
have u tried going into your device manager and where it has the yellow question mark check where it says check for hardware changes or update driver. it might take care of the problem automatically for u. hope this helps u.

JoshDuck

I have tried going through Device manager. And the link you gave me doesn't have the chassis or system available. When I attempt to use the S/n or P/N it tells me that they don't match. I am not to sure how to proceed from here. I will verify the information and see if I made a human mistake. Then follow the sound advice you have given me.

Thanks,
Josh

JoshDuck

Warning: possible dumb question

What piece of data am I looking for with the PC wizard?

In PC Wizard click on the Mainboard icon in left panel and it should give you the mobo make and model , also the chipset .
Click on the Network icon for your NIC (network card) .

JoshDuck

Ok, through further research I have discovered that this board was made by Asus and all information including drivers have been made proprietary by Sony corp. At least my search is narrowed. =)

JoshDuck

I ended up finding a driver through Sony e-support. Us version. The above site doesn't have the model or type available, but as I mentioned I did fine one that works on esupport.sony.com/US

So, incase anyone else runs into this problem we have a location to direct them.
Thank you all for your help.
Josh

JA2

JoshDuck, where did you go after you clicked that link. I'm having the exact same problem you were having but I still can't find the appropriate driver to resolve the problem. Did you use one that wasn't for the PCV-A11L model? Thanks!

JoshDuck

I am very sorry to sat that I had to install a few different drivers. Stick with the PVC numbers and I believe it was the third or forth one on the list.
The particular model wasn't there and the search option never returned a model. Said the Serial number and Model number didn't match. So sorry to have to say that its a trial and error with at least a small target.

Josh

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online