Solved: need a little help with Windows 98

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gmcsierra99

Banned
i need a little help with this computer, i just got it from a friend earlyier tonight, i deleted some stuff, and i went to go to the recycling bin but it wasnt there? is there anyway i can find it? thanks.

and how can i find out what speed the processor is? thanks.

gmcsierra99

Banned
it freezes alot also, but im positive it has a virus on it. first i got to get it on the internet.

gmcsierra99

Banned
i got this computer from a friend, like a said earlyier, i fired it up and there was no recyling bin on my desktop.

gmcsierra99

Banned
this is weird, i restarted and the recycling bin was there? either im blind or it just showed up, but thanks anyway for your help. (y)

gmcsierra99

Banned
oo and i got one more question, what do i click to find out what the processor speed is?

windows key + pause break key should pull up the system properties and tell you your cpu make/model

to determine actual speed
go to START, RUN
type in DXDIAG
press OK or ENTER
on main screen it should tell you the cpu and the speed its running at ~791 etc....

good luck

gmcsierra99

Banned
hi Swiper thanks for the input, but it dont say what speed it is. but i found out what ram it is. is there another way to find out the MHZ?

and i just want to fix a couple other things, when i startup i get the message, it says type in your user name and password, is there a way to just save that so i dont have to type it in every time i start it up? thanks.

gmcsierra99

Banned
im sorry i have a couple other problems to, my Start menu is on the left side, and i get the message that says "TrialWare" or something like that. if i can get help with this i would really appreciate it.

To find out the processor speed with Win9x
Start / Run / WINREP.EXE

Then click on Change System File Selections
Shortly it will show the COMPSPEED

As far as the trial software you can always just uninstall it if you don't need it. If that has been done and the shortcuts are still showing up in the Start Menu, you can right click and delete whatever you don't want.

..."my Start menu is on the left side"... Do you mean that the grey Task Bar with the quick launch icons has moved to the left?

If so left click an hold down on a clear grey area and drag it back to the bottom.

gmcsierra99

Banned
ok, thanks Bob, that worked, but i dont see TrialWare in Add/Remove.

gmcsierra99

Banned
i cant find no TrialWare folders, i dont even know what it is, do you?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online