1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Need advice on a second monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alex Ethridge, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

I have a dual-monitor setup. One is a twenty-seven-inch Planar model PX2710MW and the other is an older ProView nineteen-inch. The older Proview is the one I'll be replacing. I like the Planar I have and would like to have another like it; but, it is priced as much as $60 over some of the other twenty-seven-inchers.

Here are my concerns: I have seen some monitors that don't do contrast well, drop shades, etc. I use this for business only, no games. Please look at the twenty-seven-inchers on this page that are priced below $260 and tell me if you have any experience with these.

I don't want to make the mistake of getting something with poor picture, color and shade quality.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    I have no experience with any of those monitors but from your links the cheapest one looks to have the same specs and review ratings as the one you have already. So I would say get that or get the same one again.

3. Alex Ethridge

The one thing that is of the most concern to me is that I've seen some monitors that just lose it when it comes to shades of colors and shades of gray. Some monitors simply drop too many shades. One of the aggravating areas is when I edit the Registry. I will do a text-string search and the string will be found in the right pane; but, the highlighting in the left pane is just dropped completely. Then I have to select the folders from top to bottom until I find the correct folder.

But this is just one operation; there are many -- web pages, photographs, etc.

But, unless I get a reply from someone who has had a good experience with one of those cheaper monitors, I'll certainly go with another like the one I have. It is certainly satisfactory.

4. Alex Ethridge

Well, I decided to do a little research on the Hanns-G monitor for $60 less. All the reviews except one were positive. They weren't just average; they were very positive so I decided to take a chance on the Hanns-G.

It arrived today and I am absolutely pleased.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088499

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice