1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: need advise on restoring

Discussion in 'Games' started by ronaldgoss, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ronaldgoss

ronaldgoss Thread Starter

I need assistance on how to put back C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Games. I believe that I deleted it somehow because I can't find it on my computer and I don't have the games it should have for example:
    FreeCell
    Hearts
    Internet Backgammon
    Internet Checkers
    Internet Hearts
    Internet Reversi
    Internet Spades
    Minesweeper
    Solitaire
    Spider Solitaire
    Could someone help a.s.a.p. I would appreciate it.

2. Cardboard Box

Cardboard Box

Hi

If your deperate, you could insert your windows cd and reformat your computer. WARNING- this will result in the computer being brought to the condition it was in when it left the factory. All your data will go, so you have to back it up. (y)

3. tacoman359

tacoman359

There's no need to reformat here. Even reinstalling should be at the bottom of your list. I'm on Vista, but maybe someone using XP can archive and upload the folder for you.

4. ronaldgoss

i can't find the windows cd for my computer. how can i backup my data i don't know how to do that. could someone tell me could i take a folder from another computer for the missing items and copy them on to a cd? or could someone send me that missing items for i could upload them?

5. tacoman359

tacoman359

I would do it, but my XP computers don't have those Internet games. You could manually create a new folder and copy all the shortcuts back in. I'm not positive of where the games are on XP, but I think they're in system32.

6. ronaldgoss

i am not worried about the internet games just the main ones. what is system32? what does a new folder and coping all the shortcuts back in do?

7. tacoman359

tacoman359

System32 is a folder that probably has all of your games in it. Creating a new folder in your start menu and recreating shortcuts for all the games then copying them into that folder would allow you to access your games from the start menu. I'll check my XP computers for that folder and upload it if I have it. I'm not sure if there's a difference between XP Home and XP Pro games, but I'm on XP Pro and I'm assuming that you're on XP Home.

EDIT: Alright, I created a zip file and a self-extracting archive. The zip file is here and the self-extracting archive is here. The self-extracting archive is the easiest way to do it, but if you do not feel safe running an executable file then just copy the games folder form the zip file into All Programs. Tell me if you have problems downloading those files.

8. ronaldgoss

My problem has been resolved. Thank you for your insight. If someone could please close this thread i would appreciate it very much.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704397

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice