1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Need an answer fast if possible for my wife for her work-please-Image convert

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by xfile47, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

Boss gets a new digital picture frame and they want pics on it when he gets it. Saved a bunch of pics on a flashdrive and they work fine in it but at random it shows anyone it wants first and 2nd etc.

Have a new windows 7 computer and went to the HP Media photo part and was making a slide show so we could number what pics came up in order, I can save them to a flash drive with no problem but it has a .msl format and the frame won't play it , it can't even see that there are pics on it, I tried a couple of online converters to get it to .jpeg but it comes back error.

Can someone tell me how I can change the .msl to .JPEG I am going nuts we worked on it 3 hours tonight and my wife has been trying for days, I would just like to leave it and let it show them randomly but the boss wants certain ones shown first I will upload the file I saved so you can see the format or shouldn't I load one with pics of people and a farm business on it? I guess it comes down to converting .msl to .jpeg or some other way to get them to stay in order, she saved them randomly she had to scan everyones pic as they gavbe them to her and there are picsl of the building etc, we only need to get like 21 or 22 of them to go in order and then the rest can be random , PLEASE HELP--PLEASE NEED PEACE AT HOME.

2. inuyasha320

inuyasha320

If you want the photos to show up in order for the picture frame, cant you just bring all of the photos into a folder in the order that you want, then highlight all of them, then right clock on the first one then click rename, then give it any name then windows will auto add a number on the end of all the images on order?

.msl seems like a very weird format that wont be very compatible so if one user gets the program and they want to share stuff with others, they will be required to also get a copy of the program.

if the images are not originally in jpeg format then see if the program can export to jpeg, or attach a sample file in the msl format and I can try them on all of my image editors to see if any will read the file.

3. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

We did it with just a few to try it and your right it did so we will go back now and get them all in there and then number the first one, I will let you no how it turns out, you could be a life saver,,,,, mine and hers lol

4. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

WE tried and tried and it just didn't work UNTIL, we were doing it on the computer in the folder and when we sent it to the flash drive it wouldn't stay that way so finally realized that we did what you said but did it on the flash drive after we put the pics on it, Highlighted all and named and numberd the first one and the rest followed then I auto arranged the icons and marked to grid and took it out of the computer and put it into the pic frame and YES it worked, I took it out several times and retried it and it worked each time I stopped it in the middle and different places and then took it out and put back in and restarted and it always went to pic one and went in the right order. Can"t thank you enough, but Thank you. I will mark this thread solved and Thanks again

5. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

Got it it is all done, funny thing I could not get it all done on XP it wouldn't keep them in order no matter what so I redid them on the windows 7 and it worked doiing it the way you said. Thanks it is all done

6. ChuckE

ChuckE

If the digital picture frame has trouble displaying .JPEG named photos:
    .JPEG is a filename extension that Windows PC have no problem in recognizing, the more common filename extension is the 3-letter name .JPG (case does not matter).

Both .JPEG and .JPG are the same, but it may be important to keep to the 3-letter extension for the digital picture frame to recognize it. The file system on the digital picture frame may not be as tolerant as the file system on your computer.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975532

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice