1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Need Audio Drivers For XP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by madmin, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. madmin

madmin Thread Starter

I wiped Vista and clean installed XP. I need an XP version of the audio drivers for the Sigmatel device that comes on the Emachines T3604 motherboard. I went on the Emachines website, and the only drivers there were for Vista, as it was the originally installed OS. I also asked two live support agents, and they cannot help because they say they have no XP drivers in their database.

At first, I accidentally installed the vista drivers and I got sound, but when I went to the Sigmatel option in control panel, it said "Unable to connect to COM interface." And when I added the volume icon to taskbar, I would turn the volume up or down and it would make the beep noise like when you don't have an audio device installed. I uninstalled the vista drivers and have been looking for an XP version.

I will be your best friend if you find the seemingly nonexistent drivers I'm looking for.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 3.33GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 2GB
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X1050, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 95001 MB, Free - 86030 MB;
    Motherboard: Intel Corporation, D945GCL
    Antivirus: Avast Free

2. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

3. madmin

madmin Thread Starter

Thanks for replying. I ended up using Driver Genius to install a driver called IDT; I think thats who Sigmatel is.
    I still had a beeping noise when changing the volume, but I got rid of that through the registry.

4. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

Yeah it's hard to find the Sigmatel driver for your version since the E-machine website doesn't show the xp drivers. The IDT driver is the same as the ones used on the gateway model link I gave to you if you ever need to save the drivers. Glad to help :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027800

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice