1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Need drivers for HP/Compaq MB

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lehatche, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lehatche

lehatche Thread Starter

Can anyone point me to the drivers for this MB ( M2N68-LA (Narra3)) in a Compaq Presario SR5550F Desktop. I upgraded from Vista to Win 7 and my Smart media slots are not recognized!

2. peterh40

peterh40

First Name:
    Peter
    Can you load up Device Manager, and check the properties of the devices that are listed with no drivers and on the Details tab, click on 'Hardware IDs' and show use the values given so we can determine which drivers are required?

3. Megabite

Megabite

I assume you tried the HP support site

4. lehatche

lehatche Thread Starter

Megtabite: yes, no MB Chipset drivers

PeterH40: Generic usb CF, MS, SD, SM Reader drivers

Thats why I am looking for Chip set drivers for this board. Thanks for any help!

5. Megabite

Megabite

Seems your not alone....people with that MB had the same problem when going to W7 ...so they just disabled them......did you use then a lot?

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Here is the support site for the Compaq Presario SR5550F desktop.

It has NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE/nForce 430 graphics/chipset.

-------------------------------------------------------

Go to the Device Manager, then click the + in Display Adapters

What's listed in that heading?

Double-click the entry in that heading to open its properties window, then click the "Driver" tab.

What's the driver date and driver version?

-------------------------------------------------------

If it has the same graphics/chipset, here is the current Windows 7(32-bit) driver for it - 8.17.12.8562.

Download and save it, then close all open windows, then install it.

------------------------------------------------------

7. lehatche

lehatche Thread Starter

Thank you Flavalee, but I do not use the onboard video chip, I have a video card. I am looking for the controller chip drivers for USB.

8. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I just checked the NVIDIA drivers site, and it doesn't list a nForce 430 chipset driver for Windows 7.

--------------------------------------------------------

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You can install the latest nVidia nForce drivers for newer chipsets, they generally install on older chipsets as well, try this pack: http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/30521

However the card reader drivers wouldn't be part of this pack, and the card reader simply may not work with Windows 7, I have one that only works with XP and no driver installs for Windows 7 to make it work.

10. lehatche

lehatche Thread Starter

I guess Manufacturers like leaving out these little details when recommending that you upgrade your OS! Just a little nudge to make you want to upgrade to a newer Computer so there isn't any driver problems. Well thank's everyone for you input and help.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029101

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice