1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Need free CD\DVD Burner software

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by sepala, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sepala

sepala Thread Starter

Hi ,

I am looking for a free but powerful CD/DVD Burning software. Please let me know if you know any. It's really good if you can provide the original download location.

Thanks

2. Stoner

Stoner Banned

3. sepala

sepala Thread Starter

Thank you Stoner..

Anybody know anymore?

4. stantley

stantley

If you're primarily going to burn DVD's, I'd use Imgburn.

If you're going to burn Audio CD's or need to do direct disc to disc copies, get CDBurnerXP.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  6. AGTT

AGTT

Nero provides a free version of its full product, called Nero BurnLite, currently in version 10.
    This is for data buring only. Unfortunately, it only burns to CDs and DVDs. Your still have to provide an e-mail to download, though.

I've also found InfraRecorder on another forum thread.

Other related thoughts:

If you need to burn ISO files to disc, there is a free program, ISO Recorder by Alexander Feinman. It features some more image-management capabilities.

Also, if you need to mount image files, there is a free program, Gizmo Drive, included in Gizmo Central. Yu can also burn the images to disc with this program. (I'm not sure if it burns data, too, and if supports Blu-ray.)

Windows includes disc burning, and image recording capabilities, too, if you're satisfied with these.
    For data burning in Windows, just drag and drop the files you want to burn to the optical drive and choose "Burn files to disc".

For ISO files, right click on them, choose to Open with Windows Disc Image Recorder.

Windows does burn discs slower than third-party software, though.

7. sepala

sepala Thread Starter

Hi all, Thanks for the help. Much Appreciated.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973112

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice