1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Need help configuring Folder Permissions on Windows 7 Home Premium

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by xenosaga01, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xenosaga01

xenosaga01 Thread Starter

Hello, I need some help. I think I may have messed up some folder access permissions between my two user accounts on my laptop. I have two user accounts: Owner & Personal
    Owner is being used for everything, while Personal is now being used for gaming/torrenting.
    My father likes to use my computer fairly often now and I dont want him to be able to snoop around all my folders on both accounts. Both accounts are adminstrators and are password protected. I tried to change permissions myself and messed some things up. Now my Owner user account cannot access the Personal user folder. It says access denied and to see the security tab of the folder. Can anyone help me fix what happened and try and do what I was wanting to do. I have seen it set up on one of my friends computers how he was able to lock his user folders but still access them from opposing user accounts via entering the password when it was prompted, similar to inputing the password into UAC window when you want to change things.....

Thanks for the help!!!!

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

3. xenosaga01

xenosaga01 Thread Starter

lol that method you linked to isnt secure at all..... anyway, what I saw was something similar to if you are trying to access files from a computer on a network. a username/password required to view content and make changes

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028611

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice