1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Need help deleting 32-bit Office 2007 compatibility pack

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by RedCrow, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RedCrow

RedCrow Thread Starter

I need help deleting traces of Office 2007 32-bit form my Win7 system. The problem is I had Office 2007 installed a while back and uninstalled it when the trial period run out. I just downloaded the 2013 trial 64-bit since my system is a 64-bit system and kept receiving this error message, "We can't install the 64-bit version of Office because we found the following 32-bit programs on you pc"

Now, I've deleted all folders having anything to do with Office both in x86 and Programs files folders as well as registry entries bearing the same name.

Gone through my update history and uninstalled all Office 32bit compatibility packs, run uninstall from control panel and found no Office remnants to be uninstalled.

Used MS.s fixIt and no Office programs showed up, Totally at a lost here guys.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Thanx

2. axoli45

axoli45

First off

Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program

Now if its there uninstall then

Theres another thing you can do but im not 100% sure i can tell you because your 64 and im 32 so i dont wanna damage your product wait for a mod or person with similar pc specs to help you with thaat

3. RedCrow

RedCrow Thread Starter

Thanx for the reply, I've done the control panel/uninstall bit, used Microsoft's Fixit from their site and still without success. The point is, Office is no longer listed anywhere one can find to delete or uninstall, it must be hidden somewhere.

4. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    try revo uninstaller....its a free version download and run it . If it detects office 2007 delete everything it finds.

5. DaveA

DaveA It's My Birthday! Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Just because you have a 64 bit OS does NOT mean that you have to a 64 bit version of Office.
    If you do the research, you only need the 64 bit version is you are doing SUPER LARGE Excel and Access files.

You will gain NOTHING by using the 64 over the 32 except for the above.

Don't waste you time, just install the 32 bit version.

6. RedCrow

RedCrow Thread Starter

I'm not sure you're right about that DaveA, if it were only about dealing with SUPER LARGE Excel files as you put it, one wouldn't need to install compatibility mode patches in order to run a 32-bit Office on a 64-bit machine. The 32bit was handling SUPER LARGE Excel files on corporate machines before the 64-bit was introduced.

7. RedCrow

RedCrow Thread Starter

Well Andrew, your reply was pretty simple, but I've got to tell ya. It worked. The elusive compatibility mode update just popped after I installed Revo and the software did a great job listing all leftovers and deleting them.

Needless to say my installation went through without a glitch.

Thanx for the help.

8. RedCrow

RedCrow Thread Starter

Thank you all for your help with this issue, you guys are the best.

9. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    No problem....mark your thread solved if you are satisfied.

10. DaveA

DaveA It's My Birthday! Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Have a read at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/s...-or-64-bit-version-of-office-HA102840825.aspx

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1130235

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice