Solved: Need Help Disabling Firewall Using 2Wire 2701HG-B

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lanesant

AT&T finally brought Basic Dsl to my country neighborhood. Basic is a lot slower
then other packages but anything is better then dialup. I dont intend to use "wireless"
just hard wired networking.

I went into Tech Support chat with AT&T and went to http://homeportal/setup and
then to Edit Firewall Setting and I selected (Allow all applications (DMZplus mode)
and rebooted. Everything works fine. Its much faster then it was. However, when I
go back into http://homeportal/setup it still shows the firewall to be active.

My question to you is the firewall still active or can I use a firewall of my own? I
surely dont want 2 firewalls running on the same computer. And I dont want to
tinker with the (Edit Advanced Settings Page) but most of it is checked by
default including the Attack Detection settings.

Is the firewall turned off and can I use my own firewall? I'd appreciate anyones
help.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Don't worry about the hardware firewall, it won't conflict with any software firewalls. The main component of the hardware "firewall" in a router is the NAT layer. Without the NAT layer, it's no longer a router, so disabling that isn't an option. :)

Lanesant

John,

I really appreciate your help. All of this new to me. I like software firewalls
as I like to know whats going on. Thanks for answering my question.

Ray

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online