1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Need help finding drivers for IBM

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Stewster1010, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Stewster1010

Stewster1010 Thread Starter

I just reformatted an IBM 8310-4EU with Windows XP and can't seem to find any of the drivers I need. I can't access the internet on that computer now, so I can't use any system audit softwares to locate the drivers. Now I'm stuck, anybody with advice or help please let me know ! If you need anymore info on the computer also let me know.

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

3. Stewster1010

Yes, I have another computer that I'm using right now. I actually did come across that site and I tried the networking drivers and still got no connection =/ I haven't tried any other drivers from there because I figured if I get the ethernet controller running, then I can easily find all drivers while using that computer. Any suggestions ?

4. Cheeseball81

Did you check in Device Manager? Is it still not showing the networking drivers as installed?

5. Stewster1010

Yes, I've restarted, I've checked the Device Manager, and I've searched Device Manager for recent changes and still nothing. Still the yellow question mark with the exclamation point next to Ethernet Controller =/

6. Cheeseball81

I would actually try to install the chipset driver first. Then do the ethernet driver. Run the .EXE file that you have selected and install the driver according to the directions in the popup menu. The files will be installed under the folder C:\Drivers by default.

7. Stewster1010

Is the chipset driver on that same website ? If not where can I get it ?

The chipset is an Intel i845G

8. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    What model of IBM is this? Is it a thinkpad? Im going to assume its an IBM which means its an older machine you will need to go to the IBM not Lenovo website look under support drivers and downloads.The website which was mentioned is for the newer Lenovos which used to be made by IBM. Lenovo took over the desktops and laptops in 2005.The 8310 is the series type number not the model such as a thinkpad T-61,T43, etc.

9. Stewster1010

IBM NetVista
    MT-M: 8310-4EU
    S/N: KCM3CMV

That's about as much as I can pull off the tower of the computer. Hope that can get me some help =/

10. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Well according to the info you have given its considered a Lenovo netvista desktop not a laptop and not an IBM branded computer.Go to the lenovo website look under the drivers and downloads for a netvista series 8310 and you should see all of the correct xp drivers you need for that model of computer.For future reference so you wont have to hunt all over burn all of the drivers to a cd and you will be good to go.

11. Stewster1010

Thanks for the help guys ! Got it going :)

12. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    You are welcome glad its fixed.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!