1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Need help Fixing sound problems in vista prem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by bluraycus, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluraycus

bluraycus Thread Starter

Hello all! Last week I bought Windows Vista Home Premium and everything installed fine, and my hardware is supported by vista. My sound card is a Creative Labs sound blaster X-FI Xtreme audio. I know i bought it a year or two before vista came out. Installed the vista driver from creative s website and installed fine. Here`s the problems I am having, anytime my monitor goes into sleep mode and music is playing I move the mouse to wake the monitor up the sound skips and jumps. When UAC pops up the music skips and jumps, stutters. Anytime I install a program the sound skips and stutters. Does anyone know how to fix this annoying problem.

Thank you for your help
    Bluraycus :)

2. bluraycus

bluraycus Thread Starter

Anyone?

3. bluraycus

bluraycus Thread Starter

I replaced the video card and no problems with sound now when waking up the monitor or with UAC now. Install a EVGA GeForce 9600GT 512MB Overclocked Edition.

Bluraycus

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700175

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice