Solved: Need help Fixing sound problems in vista prem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bluraycus

Hello all! Last week I bought Windows Vista Home Premium and everything installed fine, and my hardware is supported by vista. My sound card is a Creative Labs sound blaster X-FI Xtreme audio. I know i bought it a year or two before vista came out. Installed the vista driver from creative s website and installed fine. Here`s the problems I am having, anytime my monitor goes into sleep mode and music is playing I move the mouse to wake the monitor up the sound skips and jumps. When UAC pops up the music skips and jumps, stutters. Anytime I install a program the sound skips and stutters. Does anyone know how to fix this annoying problem.

Thank you for your help
Bluraycus :)

bluraycus

I replaced the video card and no problems with sound now when waking up the monitor or with UAC now. Install a EVGA GeForce 9600GT 512MB Overclocked Edition.

Bluraycus

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online