1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: need help getting internet to work

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by louda15578, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. louda15578

louda15578 Thread Starter

hey
    i have had this problem for a few weeks now and no matter what i try to do i cant fix it. when ever i go on "google" and type something in i have about 10 seconds untill the internet just stops loading what ever i am looking at.

The only way i can use it is, if i keep closing and opening internet explorer and quickly typing what i want in. it used to come up with "googletoolbar2" is not responding so i went into add/remove programs and removed it. That has stopped it from saying that. I still only have 10 seconds to use it.

i have given up trying to use myspace and facebook as the page doesnt load. i even left it on overnight to load the page and didnt work!!!

I am hopeing there is a way to restart the internet or sumthing

plz help me im so pissed of at it.

thanks loudaaa

2. Joanyoung

Joanyoung

If you are running IE 7 try resetting it

1. Open Internet Explorer 7.
    2. Click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
    3. Click the Advanced tab.
    4. Under Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset.

Hope that helps

joan

3. louda15578

i did what your said and restarted it. and then restarted my computer and it is working!!!. im so happy now i cant tell you how happy i am :)

10/10

thanks loudaaa :):):):D:D(y)(y)

4. Joanyoung

Joanyoung

You are welcome.

You can mark this thread solved

So glad you are happy now :)

joan

5. louda15578

hey joan bad news for some reason its has stopped working. . . . . and i restarted it and restarted my computer and all of that a few times and left it for a day, and still doesnt want to work.:(

i can download things fine useing "VUSE" and have been the whole time.

its just something to do with the internet?? do u have any other things i can try ??? if not i will post a new post

thanks loudaaaa :)

6. Joanyoung

Joanyoung

Sorry to hear you still have problems.

Sounds as though you might have spyware or a virus. What anti virus
    programe do you run?
    Also try downloading http://www.malwarebytes.org/rogueremover.php , update it and run a full scan

post back

joan

7. louda15578

hey
    i have norton, AVG and ad-wear and they have been finding trojans for a while. but laterly i have not found any.

thanks loudaaa

8. Joanyoung

Joanyoung

You should not use 2 anti virus programes, because they conflict, If I was you I would uninstall Norton, and keep AVG

You might want to use the tool to uninstall norton, or remove it from add remove programes.

Here is the uninstall programe http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

It is my bedtime, I hope you get this resolved

joan

9. Pollex

Pollex

When you say that the problem is just the internet, do you mean just web pages won't load, but other programs that don't access the web pages work fine?

If you are getting IE cannot display web page error's... try this.

-Goto your Command Prompt (press Win key + R at same time on keyboard, type cmd, and click ok to open)
    -Type: NETSH int ip reset reset.log
    -Type: netsh winsock reset catalog
    -Type: ipconfig /flushdns
    -Type: ipconfig /registerdns
    -Close the command prompt box
    -Check your IE settings, under the connection tab, and then under the two buttons (settings, LAN settings) check to make sure "Automatically detect settings" is checked.
    -Click Ok to exit settings.
    -Close IE
    -Reboot your computer.

-The home page may not load. Try another after the first one either loads, or does not load.

10. louda15578

hey joan i installed that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and it found 8 infections and then i restared my computer and it worked so thank you agian :). hopefully this time i wont need to ask for help again thanks soo much. And you think that i should uninstall Norton and keep AVG. becasue norton cost me money but i must say AVG works so much better for finding trojans. but Norton seems to stop them before they get on and AVG find them if it misses them. Is it bad to run two of them ??

loudaaaa

11. louda15578

hey pollex i installed Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and it found 8 infections :|.And my internet is working!!! So if it stuffs up agian i will try your way
    thanks anyways matee

loudaaa

12. Joanyoung

Joanyoung

Loudaa, well it is up to you , maybe you should keep Norton until it runs out, and delete AVG.
    But you shouldn't run 2 anti virus programes
    Your choice

joan

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757782

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice