1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Need Help installing ITUNES on Vista INSTALL SCRIPT MISSING

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by techwannabe1, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. techwannabe1

techwannabe1 Thread Starter

GOING NUTS!!!!! I need help. I didn't think I was an idiot but can't get this to work.

I've got a hp laptop (Vista) and everytime I try to install ITUNES (64) with quicktime I get a message stating:
    "The install script is missing from this machine. Please run ISScript.msi" I've tried all on several pages... Uninstalling reinstalling shutting off firewall, tried updating existing Quick time, etc.

I just want to get ITUNES WORKING!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

2. oksteve

oksteve

3. techwannabe1

Thanks a bunch. I wasn't sure if anyone would answer. However, I tried that and it didn't work for me. Maybe I did something wrong ( I'm a little slow). Where do you install the fix? I tried doing what the instructions say, and it says successful, but when I run Itunes again it says it's still missing, so maybe I put it in the wrong place.
    Anymore suggestions?

4. oksteve

oksteve

When you download the file place it somewhere you'll easily find it, desktop for example. So when that box pops up asking for the file you can point itunes to it.

5. techwannabe1

Thanks for the help and your patience. IT WORKED! Sorry I didn't post this sooner, my son broke his finger (you know how that goes.

Thanks again,

techwannabe1

6. oksteve

oksteve

Ouch, no more video games for him through to the early hours..LOL .... NOT

Glad your up and running:)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916922

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice