1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Need help pxe-e53, pxe-mof

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ccard, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ccard

Ccard Thread Starter

PC shuts down using the internet and immediately get PXE E53 - no boot filename received and PXE MOF - Exiting Intel boot agent. This happened a few times and a simple turn off/on solved the problem. Now I cannot get it to reboot at all. I am running a IBM NetVista with XP and Norton. Both XP and Norton have auto update so they should be have all current updates.

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

3. Ccard

Ccard Thread Starter

Thanks for your comments. I'll try reseating all cables and cards and I'll post the results when I'm done.

4. Ccard

Ccard Thread Starter

Your suggestion appears to have worked. I reset all the cables and cards, booted the machine and got a pxe-e61 - check the cables. I reset all the cables again and it has booted successfully two times now.
    Just so I have an idea can you tell me what my next step to remedy the problem would have been? I guess I have concerns about my hard drive, my pc is 7-8 years old and continues to work without problems (except getting slower).

Thanks again for your help.(y)

5. Megabite

Megabite

You could run a check disc on the hard drive...but if you have any important data on that Hard drive I would suggest you back it up now.

Try this click Start>>Run type cmd click Ok.

In the Command Prompt type chkdsk /r click Enter Note there is a space between chkdsk and /r

You will be asked if you want a check disk to run on next startup click Y and then press Enter

Restart your PC

It will run in 5 sections please do not interrupt it let it finish.

6. Ccard

Ccard Thread Starter

I'm going out to get my extra backup cd's right now to start another backup. Then I will do the chkdsk command.

This is my first experience with this site and I greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks for your help also.(y)

7. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

The error can occur for many reasons - hard drive not recognized in the Bios or not set to boot up - new hard drive with no operating system installed - cables loose and need reseating etc.

Let us have some system info - hard drive size, free space - installed Ram etc.

8. Ccard

Ccard Thread Starter

Here is some of the system info you requested. Workstation is an IBM Netvista built in 2002, running XP Professional SP3, it has 512mb of RAM, and it has a 38GB HD with 10GB of freespace. I ran chkdsk and check-it diagnostics and both reported the HD was ok.

9. Ccard

Ccard Thread Starter

My problem came back. It started while I was on the internet, PXE-E53 & PXE-MOF. When I rebooted I got the Windows XP screen, then the problem came back. I was able to log in once in a 'safe mode' but I didn't know what to look for. I then did a restart, got the Windows XP screen, and the problem occured again. In my last post I did give some system information if that would be helpful. IF STARTED A NEW ITEM WITH A SIMILAR TITLE.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!