1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Need help remembering original software that came with Toshiba A25 S207

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by veritasakura, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. veritasakura

veritasakura Thread Starter

Hello,

I'm a Toshiba laptop user, and so is my grandfather. Recently, he seems to be frustrated about losing some image editing software that--he claims--was originally bundled to the Win XP Home Edition OS, which came with his Satellite A25-S207.

I have suggested restoring the system to a previous date using System Restore. He went a little further and tried to restore from the provided System/Applications CD. I have no idea how that turned out, because we're not even in the same town, so the feedback I get is through the phone.

He does not remember the name of the program; he only recalls a little stripped square on the quick launch menu and afterwards, very few, basic editing options such as "Select, Balance, Drop, Smooth", etc.

I used to have the very same model and OS, but I can't remember that soft! So before I end as frustated as my grandad, does anybody remember the name of that program? Does it even exist?

Thank you so much for reading!
    VeritaSakura

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    The computer's specs list it as coming with Microsoft Works. I believe that some versions of MS-Works included a basic photo editing application called "Picture It!". Could that be the program in question?

3. daniel_b2380

daniel_b2380

4. veritasakura

Guys,

You are awesome! Thank you so much for the quick answers. I have checked the Photo Editor, and it seems to be the right one. My grandad hasn't sent any more feedback, so I believe that the last set of "How-to-restore-the-sistem" powerpoint presentation I gave him did the trick.

However, I am in the middle of going through all the old system and applications cds, just in case I have to re-install it next time I see my granfather.

Thank you again,
    VeritaSakura

5. daniel_b2380

daniel_b2380

in case you don't find it, you might want to look at THIS program - it's freeware - isn't real complicated to use - does so many things - even plays mp3 music

for Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista

FAQs

you really don't NEED to download the plugins, the progam does about what the average person needs without them, you can, it'll just do more!! :)

6. veritasakura

Daniel,

I just got back from talking to my grandad. He's fascinated with the new software and it's easy-to-use interface. You are his hero, and mine also!

Thanks again for helping me figure this out!
    VeritaSakura

7. daniel_b2380

daniel_b2380

aw shucks - you're going to make me blush now :eek:

thank YOU & your GRANDAD for the kind words, you're both very welcome, :)
    glad i was able to help

i realize you will be able to figure many things out just using the help menu - but in that the program does so many things - there are these you might look at just to give you an idea of some of them - many include pictures to help explain even better - there are a bunch of them - so just click and look at whichever of them - if one doesn't seem so good - go on to the next one

irfanview tutorials

i guess now i can say 'HAPPY PICTURING' :cool:

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/823299

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice