1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Need help setting up LCD TV as monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by riptides6, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. riptides6

riptides6 Thread Starter

I have a 46 inch Samsung LCD TV with a computer input and i would like to use it as a monitor for my computer. I bought a Vga cable with 2 vga male connectors on each side. I connected one side into my tv and the other into my NVIDIA 7900 GS (there is a converter on the video card, converting the DVI output to VGA). When originally started up the windows loading screen appears on the TV, but right after that a message on the TV says no input detected. I was wondering if anyone knew a way to fix this, maybe by changing some video card settings? Any help would be greatly appriciated!

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Can you power up the computer in Safe Mode with a stable display on the TV? If so, you should then be able to change you video card settings to a higher video resolution. You TV Owner's Manual should list what computer video formats it supports on the VGA input. You can then go into the Windows Display Properties screen and see if your card supports anything higher than the current safe mode resolution.

3. riptides6

riptides6 Thread Starter

based on what i read in the user manual i needed to change the hertz to 60 and it worked, thank you very much for your help

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    You are very welcome. (y)

Glad to hear you were able to get good video setting. You can use the drop down thread tools menu above your first post to mark this topic solved if consider this problem resolved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702225

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice