1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] NEED HELP! thinkpad cdrom fell out.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by angeltherat, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. angeltherat

angeltherat Thread Starter

seriously! it did! ... after i knocked it off my desk drawer (only two feet off the ground but still..) and the cd drawer was open and came out completely. now i can't figure out how to reattach the hookup thing that lets it talk to the rest of the computer.

*bites nails* it's not my think pad either. i was reinstalling programs for someone ten times more computer challenged than me.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Is this a removable CD drive that you swap with a floppy? If not, it's likely broken!

3. angeltherat

it is removeable, but somehow i don't think that what was removed is what should have been removed.

the drive was open at the time and i was pushing it back in but i pushed to hard and instead of getting it to click, it got pushed off. next thing i know the drawer is on the ground next to the think pad. the connection is too flimsy to push in with fingers but i know that if i could just get the connector back in i could see how bad off i am. i fixed the draw slides, though, because they came out too.

i am sorry, i have no idea what the term is for the connector. i am just too upset to remember.

it is an amber colored thing, probably about the thickness of a piece of paper. and i can see where it plugs into but it wont stay because it is a tight fit.

4. angeltherat

crisis over. thank you for replying, johnwill.

i found that there was a black cover over the connector that kept everything snug. and by pulling it out i could easily slide the connector into place and then pushing the black tab back in locked it neatly into place.

thank you.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I had visions of a new CD drive for the computer, glad it didn't come to that. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170512

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice