1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: NEED HELP URGENTLY,PLEASE!! Problem with YouTube and Adobe Flash Player

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Rosereds, Nov 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rosereds

Rosereds Thread Starter

So..
    Am Barbara and I have serious trouble now..I went to watch some videos in YouTube and heck what I discovered..I COULDN'T see any.I was told that I have either JavaScript turned off or have an old version of Adobe Flash Player.Ok,then I clicked on link given and installed latest version of Adobe Flash Player.I also installed activeX control,because I was asked to do it and everything was ok,EXCEPT that I can't see any sign of Player being installed in my comp nor can I see YouTube videos..WHAT can I do?
    Please help me..Otherwise I'll go nuts
    THANKS
    B

2. adanedhel728

adanedhel728

Have you tried uninstalling Flash before installing it again? If you haven't, click the start menu and click on "My Computer," and click on "Add or Remove Programs" if you're in XP or "Uninstall or change a program" if you're in Vista. Then, click on "Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX" and click on Uninstall, and finish uninstalling it. Then try installing it from Adobe again.

Hopefully that'll work, because off the top of my head it's the only thing I can think of. :\

3. Rosereds

Rosereds Thread Starter

I have NO such a thing listed in program list..something is really wrong here
    B

4. Rosereds

Rosereds Thread Starter

It didn't appear as new installed programme when I installed,too. Only on Adobe page I could see that the newest version was installed,but anywhere else..NOP
    Still can't see
    Have only Macromedia Flash 8 installed and adobe Reader 7.1.0 or something ,that's it

5. adanedhel728

adanedhel728

Well, in that case, the only thing I can think of is that maybe Macromedia Flash is interfering with Adobe Flash, but I'm not sure about that. Macromedia is the older version of flash, so it might be that since it's older it won't work with YouTube. You might try uninstalling Macromedia Flash and installing Adobe Flash instead... but I can't guarantee that'll work, and it might actually be the the program for developing flash rather than the player program.

Has YouTube ever worked on that computer? If so, then that's probably not it.

6. Rosereds

Rosereds Thread Starter

YouTube always worked
    Thanks anyway
    B

7. adanedhel728

adanedhel728

Well, then I'm afraid the only other thing I could suggest is using Firefox or Opera instead of Internet Explorer. I know it can be annoying to switch to a new browser, but that would probably fix it because IE and Firefox don't share the same Flash Player software (people like me who use both have to install it twice, even). Aside from that, I have no idea, sorry. Maybe somebody else will come along who can give better advice.

8. Rosereds

Rosereds Thread Starter

That sounds bad..Yeah,have to admit that people have advised me to change browser before,too.Maybe I should,..If nobody has any better ideas?By the way,what's the big difference between all these browsers,if any?Am bit afraid to change things so totally..Used to be satisfied with IE,but now..
    THANK YOU for help
    B

9. adanedhel728

adanedhel728

Well, the differences, I personally think, are very minor. Many people will disagree with me, but I think that the differences in terms of quality of products is negligible. The real difference, then, is just getting used to a new user interface. Like, IE has tabs on the same menu bar as home key... mostly small stuff like that. You have to get around in a different menu. I really think that the only immediate differences between IE and Firefox is the user interface. If you get into some of the more advanced features like plugins and addons, there will be bigger differences, but for simple browsing, YouTube videos and such, they're essentially the same.

I hope that helps. I know it's annoying to not be able to do things like watch YouTube videos when everybody else can.

10. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp
    download for java
    if you have flash installed then no reason why your web browser can't show utube video's
    check that the plugin is installed and enabled in the web browser
    firefox.. tool/add ons/plugins

I.E .. tools/manage addon's/plugins

also that java consoles are in both browsers.

11. adanedhel728

adanedhel728

Oh... I don't know why I didn't consider checking Javascript... Yeah, you should definitely try that before tossing IE.

12. Rosereds

Rosereds Thread Starter

it's happening to me..
    I can't be saved,I think..I still don't see YouTube.I'm so sorry.But thanks for you 2 for helping me..
    B

13. Rosereds

Rosereds Thread Starter

And my comp is slower than EVER before..Should I uninstall Java again,considering that it doesn't help anyway
    B

14. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

15. Rosereds

Rosereds Thread Starter

happened..
    Huh,and about comp being slower than ever..Should I uninstall Java again?It doesn't help much anyway,at least ME at the moment?
    THANKS again
    B

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/765085

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice